Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Suffering from severe acidity and gas. Suggest the treatment? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 05-Sep-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Digestion and Bowels
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 106 Questions
User:Hello Doctor
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:Doctor, I suffer from severe acidity and experience problems with gas
User:I'm not sure if it is due to any infection or just a lifestyle thing
Doctor:Most cases of acidity and indigestion are related to diet and lifestyle.
Doctor:However H.pylori which is a bacteria can also be the cause in some set of individuals.
User:any medication that you would recommend ?
Doctor:Therefore an endoscopy is recommended in patients with symptoms that do not respond to lifestyle changes and mediations
Doctor:to confirm presence of infection.
User:i see
Doctor:I usually suggest my patients proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole for 2-3 weeks, which suggesting them to change diet and life style.
User:any recommendations that you would like to give ?
Doctor:Have you followed?
Doctor:Do you have any query?
Doctor:Are you there?
User:Yes, I'm here
Doctor:Have you followed what I suggested?
Doctor:Do you have any questions?
User:yes, that helps
User:I'll follow that up
User:Thank You !
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor