Suffering from neck pain. Took medications. Cannot exercise. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats
You are speaking to me earlier
Are you there?
Since last 3 yrs I have neck pain. almost centre of the neck on my back side. I'm 34. Accountant. mostly desk job. Almost all the time.. or 75% of the time. however i'm using laptop stand, which has increased height of my laptop screen. Pain and its intensity varies from time to time. only twice, in the year 2009, I took some medication, then i was advised to do daily exercises. However, I haven't followed regular exercise
Ok since you had not followed the exercises for sometime, your muscles were not strengthened
My Ortho doctor had told me its Spondy.....
You neck bones lose bone and more problems
Yes the symptoms suggest it as Spondylosis
The advice remains the same
1) Occupational ergonomics which an Occupational therapist will suggest better
2) Neck exercises
3) Medications for pain and improve bone mass
Should i exercise, while in pain
though pain is bearable now. but m not comfortable.
There are certain exercises which reduce pain
so you should know them through a physiotherapist
The exercises that you were taught earlier are conditioning or strengthening ones
not helpful now
Ok, so what should i do immediately. See an Ortho again.
There are certain different techniques to
See a Physiotherapist
for pain reducing therapy
I think your neck muscles require rest
I suggest to refrain from your daily work for a few days to help the muscles ease
Along with it, general exercises like walking or jogging should be continued
do i need to take any X-ray or other tests.....
Xray is helpful to know how is the bone degeneration
I do some cardio exercises. say 10 days in a month......
Good continue them
Is it required to see an Ortho before seeing a Physiotherpist? or he can handle this without Ortho advice?
The follow up should be done with Orthopedician
The main treatment is done by Physiotherapist
An Orthopedician should be able to help you better for decisions on treatment
Whether medicines or exercise or band or surgery etc
or combination of them
An Occupatinal therapist will help you know how to work without discomfort and prevent further deterioration
Occupatinal therapist is different from Otho and Physiotherapist?
did you follow?
Do you have any queries before we end up?
Thanks for consulting me. Bye for now
No. It was good.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Kidney bilateral renal cholelithiasis
- The easy meaning of bilateral polycystic ovaries
- Isometric exercises for neck pain
- Physio exercises for neck pain
- What is the meaning of bilateral prompt excretion is seen in ivp
- Exercises for stiff neck pain
- Schwannoma left leg knee tightness
- Laptop knee pain
- Experiencing neck pain suggest medication or exercise
- Swollen red larea near knee
- Renal parenchymal disese bilateral cystitis
- Pain in knee when using laptop
- What is vascular markings in bilateral lung field
- Neck pain therapy exercises
- Knotted vein in knee removed