Suffering from gallstones. Treatment other than surgery? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Actually i m suffering from gallstones problem..
its size is about 5mm to 6mm..
My doctor has advised me for an operation..but i dont want to do it..
is there any other option of treatment??
Gall stones that are formed in the gall bladder most often is pushed out into the intestines and excreted
This is usually a painless process.
However if there is significant pain it means the stone is not excreted and is getting obstructed.
As obstruction can worsen the situation and gall stone problem can be recurring
surgeon often suggest to get operated.
i m not suffering from any symptoms u mentioned..
However in presence of severe pain, fever, vomiting or jaundice you will need to plan this surgery at the earliest
but sometimes i exprnce a litte pain in ri8 side of the upper side of abdomen..
there is always a risk that you may develop severe pain and obstruction in the future
that is probably the reason your surgeon suggested removal.
but i am facing severe gastric problems..
Let me put across this in simple words Murtaza.
1. Gall stones are usually a recurring condition.
2. It is not a serious problem unless if there is obstruction.
Obstructing stone is a serious condition and cause more trouble.
3. As the surgeons found stones in the gall bladder, some surgeon prefer to operate and remove the gall bladder in order to prevent future complications.
You will need diet and lifestyle changes and medications to control it.
Have you followed what I suggested?
ok i got it..
now i have some queries??
Yes, please proceed with your queries.
1. Is there any other treatment instead of removal of gall bladder for this disease?
Yes, there is also a conservative treatment which includes pain killers, anti ulcer medications and antibiotics.
However this only takes care of acute symptoms.
It has no role in preventing this problem in the future.
Complete cure or prevention I would say is by surgery.
We cannot prevent further gall stone formation by means of medication.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
but what are the drawbacks in my body after the removal of gall bladder?
Most patient tolerate the procedure very well.
A few drawbacks are
If you are worried about removal of gall bladder now,
however it is tried in very few cases
and can be decided only after a thorough evaluation.
Have you followed?
why tried in very few cases??
The size of the stone, the location of the stone and other clinical parameters are taken into consideration before this procedure.
As surgical removal is more simple and easier it is the most opted treatment.
but at present my age is 28yrs..
I understand you concern XXXXXX.
if i go for this opreation later in my forties.will it create any problem in any other organs of my body?
You may not need the surgery immediately.
You still can wait.
It will not affect the functions of other organs.
If you are worried, I can call you and discuss to clear you mind.
Is it ok?
Can u please call me in evening
at round about 5p.m
I shall give you a call around 5 to discuss further about this problem.
Thanks for consulting.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Liver hemangioma stool changes
- Methadrone how long dose it take to get out of your sist
- Gallstones with biliary colic treatment
- Hepatomegaly with fatty moderate change in liver
- Metrogyl bacterial vaginosis 400
- Multiple gallstones treatment
- Treatment for gallstone pain
- Lump on collar bone near windpipe
- Microcytic red blood cells
- Laser treatment for gallstones
- Diet chart for liver cirrhosis patient
- Miscarriage concerta
- Should we eat chapati when sgpt increased
- Hepatomegaly with grade iii fatty change
- Treatment and cure for incidental gallstones