Suffering from depression, taking cap, no relief. What are treatment options? - Online Doctor Chats
welcome to XXXXXXX
actuly i want to discuss about my wife
sure, please proceed
she is suffering from depression
May i know her age , and how long she had this ?
her age is 22 yrs
she had this prob 8 months
yes she has been taking medicines since last 8 months
how did it start ?
may i know her educational qualification ?
she is doing b.tech last yr
no.. not now
what medication is she on ?
mirtaz 15 mg
is there any improvement in her response ?
how often does she see her doctor ?
can i talk 2 u in hindi
it much be better to me to discuss u better way
actuly hamari love marriage hai
n sadhi se pahle hamne apne parents ko manane ke bahut kosish ki thi
issliye vo marriage se pahle dippression mai gai thi..
but medicine ke baad she feel better
XXXXXXX kuch time se fhir se usko ye prob ho rahi hai sir
can u tell , me what are her feelings ?
tell me what her exact issues are
she is weeping sometime
does she tell, the cause for crying ?
medicines to wo leti h bt prb ye hai ki medicines se hang over rehta h
when was the last time, she was seen by her doctor ?
jiske XXXXXXX usko kaam krne me prb aati h
soo aap medicines ke XXXXXXX koi reason batao jisse wo depressed na ho
depression in a young female, with sudden onset, can be due to number of causes
1. lack of emotional help,
2. change in surroundings and situations, from that before marriage
3. her expectations before marriage, not meeting that after marriage
yaa may be
could u plz tell me wht can i do for her..
first and foremost, i would advice both of you to take a break, and go for a short vacation
this will help u guys to get more time to spend with each other
also, try to spend time with each other, at least 1 hr in a day, apart from that duing lunch, - this should be with the TV etc shut off
involve each other in activities like jogging , walks, etc
so that they increase endorphins in the body, and create a sense of well being
apart from this, first was there any proper counselling of your wife ? or just that medications were prescribed ?
k...i m understanding
counselling is the most important part
medications may not be necessary in some cases, if counselling does its work
acutuly doctor i hv very tight schedule
can u tell me the time she has spent for counselling ?
as such no counselling hv been done
how much time, does she spend with her doctor, each time ?
XXXXXXX 15 mins
that appears to be too little
for a case of depression, she needs at least a counselling, for a longer duration, say 30 minutes, to know her progress and advice her accordingly
i would recommend you to consult a psychologist
ok doctor ...i ll keep ur advises in my mind...n trying to support her n give her time as mush as possible..
they can advice her proper methods to manage her issues
and advice her, how to make the best of her situation
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Tight hip flexors low back pain
- Depression after divorce affecting job and career suggestions
- Tiny bumps on inner lip
- Been treated for depression on protheadin why constipation and headaches
- What is the cause and treatment for depression
- Going through depression what is the treatment procedure
- What is the treatment for st depression
- Suffering with depression on lithosum clonotril get occasional attacks remedy
- Tingling in my lower abdomen
- Tired headache nausea no energy
- Depression what are treatment options
- What is the treatment for anxiety and depression
- Tingling around mouth and chin
- What is the treatment for major depression
- Depression angry itching sensation taking atarax help