Suffering from bronchitis. Report showed infection in lung. Suggest - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
yeah, if you can guide me a good pulmonologist in and around BTM or Jayanagar or HSR or Banashankari?
or if Healthcare magic has any good pulmonologist whom i can talk to
This link has list of pulmonologist registered under XXXXXXX
A few of them have user written review which can guide you to get a personal face to face consultation.
You also have an option writing to expert pulmonologist
online and get an answer from them.
If you wish to get an online consultation,
can i talk to them?
then I suggest you to use "ask a specialist" available to you.
You can get a written answer from a pulmonologist.
They are not available on live chat or phone calls.
He/she can give a valuable suggestions which you can follow through your general physician
if meeting a pulmonologist face to face is necessary, then can be able to suggest you / refer you to one specialist.
Have you followed what I suggested?
how soon i can expect a reply?
Most often the specialist would reply as early as 2-6 hours
The maximum time by which you would get a reply would be 24 hours
also, I have visted one pulmonologist before and have taken medication which have reduced the severity but i am still affected by the disease
May I know if the doctor diagnosed you to have acute bronchitis or chronic bronchitis.
i mean mild bronchitis
Symptoms of acute bronchitis usually subside in a week or two,
but some times it might take 2-3 months for complete cessation of symptoms.
he did an x-ray on me
and reported infection in lung
May I know your symptoms and the durations since when you have it?
Sinusitis is since long time
but this bronchitis thing has picked up since last 4-5 months
usually i will be short of breath
with sound while breathing
and cough with "khic-khich" remains
no fever doesn't come usually
its just that for few minute and hour , my lung function will change
nasal congestion happens very often
due to sinusitis
May I know your age and whether you have history of bronchial asthma?
my Mother has asthma
i am 29 yrs old
Let me try to give you some information based on the symptoms you described.
Respiratory symptoms are divided as upper respiratory and lower respiratory.
A Chest Xray is helpful to some extent to differentiate among the two.
complete resolution of symptoms occurs when all the components are treated.
A few measures that help in treatment are
1. Steam inhalation, antihistamine/mast cell stabiliser drugs - to take care of nasal congestion and sinusitis.
2. Cough suppressants - to take care of cough (arising from trachea, bronchus)
3. If breathing issues are severe, one can use bronchodilators
which are available as inhalers
4. If there is an element of infection (which clinically is not present in your case) a course of antibiotic is essential.
Based on what you describe, I think a brief use of antihistamines, steam inhalation, cough suppressants and inhalers should help in resolution of your current symptoms.
As you have history of recurring sinusitis, it also needs to be addressed by an ENT surgeon once your present symptoms resolve.
A good general physician with M.D qualification should be able to treat your present condition.
If you have already consulted on such doctor and you are not happy with the treatment,
you have a choice to consult another physician or pulmonologist then.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Bronchitis and upper respiratory infection
- Climate change endangered species
- Is bronchitis a viral infection
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- Unable to walk after inflammation on lungs and diabetic
- Acute bronchitis and sinus infection
- Parenchymal changes in lung
- Interstitial changes in lung
- What could cause a flurry feeling in the chest
- Is coughing hives muscle pain palpitations due to mold
- Light chain deposition disease
- Sinus infection earache and bronchitis
- What could be the reason for drop in oxygen level
- Chancroid symptoms in women
- What do you suggest for hydronemo thorax