Suffering from bleeding for a month - Online Doctor Chats
User : ok
Doctor : hi
Doctor : how can i help you
User : i have had a period for over a month now. what could be the cause and risk?
Doctor : u had bleeding for over month isit
User : yes
Doctor : there are many causes for thisd
Doctor : how severe is the bleeding
User : very light
Doctor : and how many pads have u changed
Doctor : For Administrative and health purposes, Please provide these details of the person-Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
User : well ill go through one tampon a day
User : 26 female TN single 160 lbs 5'7
User : hello?
Doctor : yes
Doctor : r u on birth control pills
User : nope
Doctor : Abnormal bleeding during periods can be caused by endocrine disorders (thyroid, prolactin, etc), medical problems (liver disease, kidney disease, clotting disorders), uterine abnormalities such as fibroids, or as a diagnosis of exclusion, failure to ovulate (reflected by not making progesterone). Your age, prior menstrual history, physical exam, lab tests, pelvic ultrasound, etc can all determine how you are treated for this problem
User : i have always had irregular periods but none that have lasted this long
Doctor : I would suggest that you see an ObGyn physician or a Reproductive Endocrinologist for evaluation.
User : is there any chance i could be going through menopause?
Doctor : yes it can serious
Doctor : in long run
Doctor : nope
Doctor : unlikely
Doctor : first we need to know the cause
Doctor : of the bleeding
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction from few months
- Can i take gemzar for nsclc ?
- Delayed period and white discharge with a negative pregnancy test
- Can levaquin cure carbuncle ?
- How does hormone affect regular periods
- Reddish discharge instead of normal menstruation
- Will sominex treat insomnia?
- Suffering from salpingitis for 4 months
- Can you advise me how to prepone the period
- Can i take lovaza for adhd ?
- Suffering from white blood bleeding
- Suffering from cough from last one month
- What medicine can i take to start menstruation
- Can i take quibron for copd?
- Suffering from cold from last 2 months