Suffering from arthritis. High serum calcium levels in the blood. What does it mean? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Yes Doctor, I have one query
Proceed with your query.
Is it normal calcium level or ionized calcium level?
it states serum calcium
in the report
Let me brief you.
Serum calcium levels are of 2 types - total calcium and ionized calcium.
If it was not specified, it might probably be the total calcium level.
does this indicates some issue
Total calcium value of is 9 to 10.5.
A higher value is occasionally found in some individuals without causing any troubles.
In a few this may be suggestive of some illness associated with bones / renal conditions.
Since the values are marginally higher, we can recheck the levels after couple of weeks.
If they are found higher she can be subjected to other investigations to look bones, renal system and heart.
Have you followed?
she was recently hospitalised for arthritis issue and was injected with calcium injections
Perhaps that could be reason for elevated total calcium levels.
now she has been given calciton injection to reduce the calcium
If she doesn't have any symptoms now, you could recheck the levels again after a couple of weeks time.
symptoms like what
Thank you doctor
it was very helpful
There are a few vague symptoms which may occur.
Hope I answered your query.
Do you have any other query?
yes, thanks doctor
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- What does moderate arthritis mean
- Pregnant cbc hemoglobin packed cell volume and urinaylsis indicates worry
- Seronegative arthritis what is esr level
- Tested ict positive pregnant what are the risks
- Is calcium good for arthritis
- Liver tests show elevated sgpt cause of concern
- Symptoms of inflammatory arthritis
- Suffering from severe diarrhoea constant pain in body suggestion
- High eosinophil levels and arthritis
- Symptoms of collagen-induced arthritis
- Diagnosis of seronegative arthritis
- Prescribed duoluton l for dysmennorhoea worried about pregnancy suggest
- Arthritis in the blood
- Symptoms of chronic arthritis
- Symptoms of peri-prosthetic arthritis