Suffering from Productive cough. Suggest some medicine to loosen up the phlegm? - Online Doctor Chats
How are you?
i m good
how are you doctor
I am suffering from Productive cough. It's been more than 2 month. Phlegm color is whitish transparent. There is no reduction of body weight, i am 73 KG & 5ft 11in height. Last night i had fever with little strain in body muscles but i am fine now. Please suggest some medicine to loosen up the phlegm. Request your suggestion to avoid same kind of issue in future.
Did you have fever before this?
Yesterday i got sudden fever
so i m worried now
for loosening up the phlegm XXXXXXX
bt i m completely ok now
you need to take steam inhalation twice a day and drink lots of water
this will help humidify the phlegm and help it come out
do you smoke? Any allergies?
i dont smoke
i dont have allergies
but XXXXXXX to be on the safer side I would like 2 tests to be done
first is sputum for acid fast bacilli and secondly Chest Xray
we dont want to miss tuberculosis
even though its unlikely
its better to rule it out
steam inhalaion i cant do bcz i speand most of the time in office
do it in the morning
and at night
i will do it
yes i need to do xray test
there is no other way we can get the moisture into the lungs
more importantly Sputum for AFB
symptoms is not of TB.
bt we never know
we cant rule it out
so get these tests done and send the reports across
we can take it further from there
also i have a bad habbit
you can email them at YYYY@YYYY
in the subject line, write Attention to Dr XXXXXXX
yes what else
of not wearing a tshirt while sleeping at night
do you think this is also a reason for that?
as long as you're warm
you should keep yourself warm XXXXXXX
if its TB, its not related
since its unlikely that its TB
keep yourself warm and take steam
they should help considerably
ok doctor i will do it
one more question
what does acid fast bacilli means?
actually there is a stain called the ZN stain which is used to stain TB bacteria
after we stain , we wash with acid
if the bacteria retains the stain, it means its acid fast
TB bacteria retain the stain
do you follow?
If its TB than its easily querable?
just you need to take the treatment regularly
for 6 months
Also the X XXXXXXX test etc can be done without doctor recommendation?
i will do it then
the sputum exam is more important XXXXXXX
i will do that as well
Is there anything else I can help you with?
i was great talking to you.
I am glad I could help
Thanks for consulting me
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Productive cough car accident
- Suggestions for productive cough and breathlessness
- High protein blood test results
- Productive cough lumpy yellow phlegm
- How is the staph infection contracted bumps on the chest
- Had a dog bite need to take rabies vaccination immediately
- Does krill oil thin blood
- Pregnancy high blood pressure symptoms
- Headache loose stools fever constipation widal test report normal typhoid
- Sleeplessness dizziness headache nauseated sickness is it norovirus worry
- Productive cough after eating
- Types of blood thinner injections
- Freestyle blood glucose test strips
- Suggest treatment for productive cough
- Suffered with chicken pox used dermadew will it avoid infection