Suffering from Dumping syndrome - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I helpyou ?
User : My husband had a fundoplication (laser) and his vagus nerve was cut. He has extreme nausea, diarreah and gets extemely ill when he eats. Can you give us any help. No one seems to be able to help.
Doctor : When did the Surgery take place and What has his recovery been after that with regard to the Procedure Fundoplication
User : First fundo was done in 1999. It took 7years to be diagnosed that his nerve was cut. in 2006, they did a re-do (cutting him open) and fixed several problems internally, but is now worse off and unable to work. His symptoms have increased over time. Can they do nerve transplants? When they did the re-do they could not find the vagus nerve.
Doctor : Dumping syndrome is a group of symptoms most likely to develop most if you've had surgery to remove all or part of your stomach, or if your stomach has been surgically bypassed to help lose weight. In that the Vagus nerve is Severed
Doctor : hence your husband Seems to have developed it after his Surgery
Doctor : Try consuming about six small meals a day rather than three larger ones.
Doctor : Avoid fluids with meals. Drink liquids only between meals.
Doctor : Stay away from acidic foods. Tomatoes and citrus fruits .
Doctor : Are the Few measures that he shall need to follow
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ascaris infection causes
- How to diagnose prolonged epididymitis
- Symptoms of Ascaris infection
- Diagnosis of Ascaris infection
- Cholecystectomy and dumping syndrome
- Causes of dumping syndrome
- What medication can be done for erection problem
- Treatment and cure for Bowel spasms
- Hair falling and thinning from last 4 months
- Which lubricant gel can i use for smooth sex
- Hypokalemia dumping syndrome
- Patients with dumping syndrome
- Can saliva lead to thyroid
- Bowel spasms causes
- Domperidone dumping syndrome