Suffer from severe itching on the back. Skin turning reddish. Reason? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
Hello please proceed with your query
Im 41 years, last 4-6 motnhs im getting a lot of itching on my back...few places become red..may be due to scratching (sometimes cant control), i can also see few patches where its become like a scar or how when a wound heals it becomes little scaly
on my own i started applying Nizral cream..morning and night...it has reduced...but not completely gone..im applying nizral for last 3 weeks.
this is on the upper back only.
XXXXXXX the lesions on the upper back more likely seems to be a fungal infection
You are right that Nizral is helping you but then
there are beter anti-fungals that can be used on the back
Are you understanding me?
Nizral is more often used on the scalp
whcih si the one starting with C, i thk...Candid, yes im using that..sotry nizral..my daughter was using..
It is not used on skin directly because of decreased effectiveness
Great, Candid is effective too
But is it plain candid or Candid B?
so should i contineu with Candid? anything else? will it go off completely?
its plain CANDID
It is very effective
better than candid even
You can apply it twice daily on the affected area for a minimum of 3 weeks
You must make sure that the cream stays on the affected skin 24/7
This will help in quicker healing
I hope you agree with me
yes, will try it..so no other moisturizer/ cosmetic cream?
what about soap when i take a bath? shoudl i use normal soap that i use? or avoid applying there for 3 weeks?
nothing else is required
You can use the normal soap while bathing
Thank you doctor..very nice of you to help!
Do not use other moisturizers for next 3 weeks until the itchy lesions disappear
It;s my pleasure
Get well soon
will connect post 2-3 weeks with progress..will you be available on chat?
Sure, I will be there
Please follow the instructions as said
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Severe itching back of butt cheeks
- What causes child to vomit black
- Skin tag in foliate papillae
- Tugain solution ot foam
- Folliculitis can i go swimming
- Wind pain after eating lunch
- What does it mean when my heart has an extra beat
- Severe itching with reddish spots on the body reason
- Malassezia folliculitis "not itchy"
- Which day to take ginette 35 for pco
- Severe itching with reddish rashes in the groin area medication
- Water and urine hurts my vulva
- Severe itching on the toe reason
- Causes of severe itching skin
- What is mintop forte foam