Sudden weakness in arms, legs. Anxiety, stress. What should i do? - Online Doctor Chats
hi i keep getting a sudden weakness in my legs
i also keep extreme faintness
my legs keep collapsing underneath me although there is no pain
also severe fatigue
Fine , Have you got yourself eamined ?
i have seen my gp who has referred me to a neurologist
but i feel very ill today, should i go to the hospital?
If it is really more uncomfortable then do go to the hospital
what are the possible causes?
there are many causes for such muscles weakness a detailed examination can narrow down the list
is it an emergency? i am very reluctant to go to the hospital, but my appointment is two weeks away, i cannot wait that long
i am 21 years old
I would say sooner the better , as most of muscle related conditions will be progressive in nature
ok, i had an mri of my chest and abdomen in summer 2011, would this have picked up any spinal problems?
MRI specifically of spine could b of help
not of chest and abdomen
ok could it be related the the anxiety
Yes, stress and anxiety are commonest causes in young adults for such weakness
ok, how likely is ms and such like?
MS is most often associated with other abnormalitities like speech, eye , face abnormalities , I would not suspect it in your without a detailed examination
ok, what do you advise should i wait for my appointment in three weeks, go to the hospital now or wait until tomorrow and go
you can wait until tomorrow
to accident and emergency?
or should i go the walk-in centre
or my gp
I would say a GP first who can reffer you to a neurologist
i have already seen him, but my appointment is in three weeks, i cant wait that long i need to work
3 weeks is a long time but there is no risk
but try to consult earlier
so i dont need to go to the hospital?
As I said earlier the better
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- High neutrophils stress anxiety
- Nipples bleeds after squeezing
- Missed period and bleeding after pap smear
- Amphetamine-induced anxiety disorder
- Anxiety disorder panic attacks
- Stress and anxiety symptoms treatment
- Dementia and anxiety attacks
- Bleeding after laparoscopic salpingectomy
- Sleep restriction therapy with ambien
- Vitamins for stress and anxiety
- Parkinsons anxiety attacks
- Is it normal to have bleeding after taking mtp kit tablets
- Implantation bleeding or period after norlevo
- Herbs for anxiety and stress
- Depression stress anxiety