Speech disorder, unable to complete sentences properly, tongue protrudes. What is it? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
My boss in office has some sort of sppech disorder
he makes sound of ukk... fuck... after every sentence..
sometimes his tongue also protrudes out in between sentences
even when he is quiet he makes these sounds as if he is trying to control some thing from coming out..
not been able to speak to him but it makes all of us conscious
what could be wrong with him..
Some of the habits are unnoticed and some become noted.
What your boss seems to have is an unusual habit and not a medical illness.
some of my old timers tell me that he use to thrust his tonge out always after evey setence.. and now he doesnt do that instead he tends to make these noises..
like ukk.. and fukk... as i said even when he is sitting quiet he keeps on moving his head like nodding and will make these sounds..like some one trying to prevent vomit from coming out..!!!
and also the protrusion of tongue is huge.. like that of maa kaali...
I understand what you say. However this isn't related to a speech disorder/medical condition.
You may discuss the issue with him.
oh.. i was hoping it will be medical condition and we can then be less irritated by it.. but if it is just a bad habit then we have to blame him only now!!!
You may discuss with him and plan to visit a psychiatrist.
i was reading on net could it be some sort of Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder?
A speech output inbetween sentences is not part of such disorder.
Therefore I consider this as just a habit forming condition and can be treated by counselling and psychiatrist.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other query?
no thanks bye
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- How to increase time before releasing the sperms
- Ovral g before ivf when to take
- Is salt water bad for a perferated ear drum
- Taking topamax before lasik surgery
- Is smoking bad for a ruptured eardrum
- Is it common to be very tired when having a throat infection
- Motor speech disorder causes
- Speech disorder causes
- Acupressure for speech disorders
- Most common speech disorders
- Is metallic tasting mucus a sign of blood
- Is swallowing ink bad
- What is the reason of irregular periods before marriage
- Repetitive speech disorder
- Tasteless tongue before implantation