Sore throat due to iodine drops - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : hello ,
How can I help you?
User : I was wondering if you could help me please , I have been told to start an iodine solution to swallow 3 times a day 3 drops , , to prep for my thyroid operation in 9 days time , please could you tell me if this is causing my sore throat
Doctor : Iodine itself has antimicrobial properties.
Doctor : It cannot cause you infection provided that it is clean.
User : what could be causing this ? , im quite worried as my op is in 9days , i am on ptu 750mg daily and bedranol , 80mg daily and this iodine solution ,
User : my throat feels like barb wire
This can be usual throat infection
User : would tht delay my operation ? as i am having a total thyroidectomy ?
Doctor : No, the chances are minimal.
Do report to your surgeon for the same.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Sore throat due to hcg drops
- Sinarest drops sore throat infant
- Cyst with green fluid
- Best cough drop for sore throat
- Marijuana smoke eustachian tube dysfunction
- Can you wear a tampon duribg a tonsillectomy
- Can i take sudafed pseudoephedrine hydrochloride during pregnancy
- Sore throat due to dust
- Fly with ovarian cyst
- Fluid cyst on testilcal
- Dyspraxia tonsillectomy
- White fluid from cyst
- Tonsillitis during third trimester of pregnancy
- Pilar cyst leaking smelly fluid
- Sore throat from hcg drops