Side effects of birth control pills - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : Hi I have a question around birth control pill
Proceed with your query
User : I was prescribed Cilest the birth control pill for my spots and I've been on it for two months. My skin wasn't awful to begin with - just breakouts around my period. Since I've started taking this pill, my face has broken out worse than ever before. The strange thing is that whenever I go on my seven day break my skin starts to clear up, then I start to break out again when I start the new pack. It's so frustrating. It's almost like I can predict when I'll breakout as much as I can predict when I'll get my next period! I've done my research and I'm aware that a lot of people report skin getting worse before it gets better, but I'm not sure whether my skin is just another case of this, or this is a sign that this pill is not for me.
should I switch pills or stick this out longer?
Let me read it
May I know the reason for taking contraceptive pills?
User : It's to regulate periods and to help clear skin
But Acne is an adverse effect of such pills
You will need to talk to your doctor who has prescribed this
regarding your trouble
So that you can take a different medication for menstrual regulation
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Lidocaine patch side effects
- Canesten and birth control pill side effects
- Side effects of birth control pills familion
- Iud odor premenstrual
- Take lexapro at night
- Gentamicin side effects women
- Triamterene side effects women
- Microgynon 30 cause itching
- Loestrin 24 birth when is it safe to have unprotected sex
- Side effects birth control pills
- Side effects of stopping the birth control pill (femiplan)
- Side effects of logynon birth control pill
- Zinc plus copper sulfate
- Loestrin 20 no period
- Loestrin 24 and alcohol effects