Shoulder pain and tests for detection of heart disease - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : Hello. I am 32 and am worried I may need to check on my heart.
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
User : Heart disease runs in my family.
Doctor : Ok
User : 32, assistant, boston, 5'3", 120 lbs
Doctor : Ok
User : If I had vascular problems in my shoulder, would I be able to feel it more intensely after exercise
Doctor : Yes, You can go for a heart check up if there is a history of heart disease in your family.
Doctor : Is there any pain in your shoulder while exercising?
User : Yes, and the deeper I breath, the more intense it gets. The pain subsides after a few days.
Doctor : Do you smoke or chew tobacco/drink alcohol/Any illicit drugs/ betel nut chewing? If yes how much/how often and how long you have?
User : Alcohol, but very very little
Doctor : Do you have any other health problems?
User : No
Doctor : The shoulder pain may not be a vascular phenomenon, rather it could be a simple muscle pull.
User : It's not a muscle, I barely use my arm for anything more than lifting a pencil
Doctor : Which shoulder is the pain present and is it radiating anywhere?
User : This has happened for 3 years now, everytime I run. Yes, it radiates down the left arm (left shoulder) and up the neck
Doctor : I suggest that you get your Total Cholesterol and HDL cholesterol checked. I also suggest that you get an ECG done.
Doctor : In addition you should get your BP examined and get a FBS and Post Lunch Sugar values (PPBS).
Doctor : You should continue exercise, avoid greasy foods
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- So scared to go for an eco for mildly dilated aortic root
- Spitting blood after exercise
- Left toe pain and heart disease
- White skin on lower lip causes
- Spinal tap high blood pressure
- What causes a limp penis
- Squeezing pain in left chest near armpit
- Test for rheumatic heart disease
- Smelly sweat after exercise
- Heart disease and toe pain
- What causes urine to smell like tuna
- Lip trembling causes pregnancy
- Does smoking cause a limp penis
- Heart disease and stomach pain
- Teeth pain and heart disease