Should the gall bladder be removed if we have multiple stones and largest being 11mm ? - Online Doctor Chats
I am Dr. XXXXXXX here
Hoe can I help you?
good evening Dr. XXXXXXX
How can I help you?
i have a question for a gastroentologist
I am a general practitioner. I will try to address your concern. If required, I will be able to guide you for a gastroenterologist consultation.
is there no technology to just remove stones without removing gall bladder?
There is endoscopic procedure for removing the stones. But, there is a very high possibility of recurrence.
so should we maintain a diet for rest of the life if the bladder is removed?
Yes, you are correct. The diet restrictions needs to be followed through out life.
because, high fat content food will be difficult to be digested, once gall bladder is removed.
Have you followed my answer?
yes Doctor.. thank you for the answers
You are welcome.
Is there anything else which i could assist you on?
yes.. one last question..
what will happen if i dont get it removed..
Sure. please proceed
First, if there are stones, usually it is symptomatic.
So anyhow the stones has to be removed.
When the stones are larger than 1cm, it is difficult to be treated by Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy.
is there any other procedure to get rid of the stones without removing gall bladder
So, then only way is surgery.
If the stones are small, oral bile salt therapy, or Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy etc can be done.
normally no one goes for other treatments when the stone size is bigger.
Surgeons do not agree for it.
ok, thank you very much for the information Doctor
You are welcome.
Anything else I could help you on?
Hope I was helpful. Thank you for consulting me.
Have a Nice Evening!!
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Diet to reduce sgot / sgpt and ggt
- 33 weeks pregnant burning sensation
- Gall bladder stone removal koramangla
- Can high protient diets elevate liver enzymes
- Gall bladder stone in newborn
- Gilbert's syndrome diet how to gainweight
- Gall stones with no gall bladder
- What sort of diet for a rise in gamma gt liver
- Help with chesty cold 33 weeks pregnant
- When breathing tight chest 33 years old
- Life expectancy from diagnosis end stage liver failure
- White cell count of 33
- Gall bladder problems no stones
- Gall bladder stone removal
- Mood boosters for 33 weeks pregnant