Should I have contraceptive pill after unprotected sex while breastfeeding? - Online Doctor Chats
Shall I ask you Gyenic questions?
Yes you can ask
It seems you moved out of the chat
Are you there?
there was delay and i thought
Please go ahead
with the query
there is some tech prob
my wife delivered babby 3 months ago and she is now lactating and there were no periods yet
we haven't started sex till 3 months
after 30 hr from the shot we engaged in sex without condom
is a triple protection is needed to avoid pregnancy
is a 3rd protection i.e. condom needed?
baby is completely milk fed from mother
now pls answer
You cannot count Depo provera to be protecting till 3wks to one month
The action does not reach the peak so we advise alternative contraception
what about lactation amonnorea?
Now in your case since the mother did not start on menstrual periods you are safe
Once the periods start and regularise it generally takes at least one to two cycles for the Uterus to be viable again
so after periods we have to ensure double protection right?
till then even if we engage in sex without condom it is safe right?
Yeah technically speaking
ok thanks a lot
that's all i have
have a good day doctor
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Should i take a contraceptive after unprotected sex post bleeding
- Is pregnancy possible despite taking contraceptive pill after unprotected sex
- Unprotected sex 30 minutes after consuming contraceptive pills pregnant
- Took emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected sex will this work
- Took emergency contraceptive pill after unprotected sex no periods pregnant