Shin splints - Online Doctor Chats
User : hello
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : i was practicing footwork for badminton
User : then all of a sudden i had pain on the medial side of my shin
User : it hurts when i am pushing forward or running
User : could this be shin splints?
yes it could be related to shin splints
Doctor : Although the term shin splints is often used to describe a variety of lower leg problems, it actually refers specifically to a condition called Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (MTSS).
Doctor : While there are many causes of shin splints, they can all be categorized into two main groups. Overload (or training errors), and Biomechanical Inefficiencies.
User : well i have a tournement in 2 days. what would be the best thing to do?
Doctor : The basic treatment for shin splints is no different to most other soft tissue injuries. Immediately following the onset of any shin pain, the R.I.C.E.R. regime
Doctor : This involves Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation, and Referral to an appropriate professional
Doctor : that is an sports medicine doctor
to reduce the pain and inflammation
take OTC meds like Tylenol or Motrin one tablet two times a day after food
if the injury is severe you might need physiotherapy too
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Diclofenac for shin splints
- I have a hard lump at the top of my calf
- I have a hard knot on my shin and it really hurts its hard
- I have been getting bad stomach cramps for the last 30 hours
- I feel pain in the back of my knee when i straighten my leg
- Shin splint skin burn
- I have a hard bump where my bruise was
- Shin splints vitamin deficiency
- Goose egg on shin splint?
- Compound shin splints
- How to dry unhealed picked at acne
- I have a bump on my spine in the middle of my back and i hav
- Hypersomnia and kalms sleep tablets
- Hydrogen peroxide snoring
- Inside non movable lump on jaw