Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in the back. Had an accident in the past. Difficulty in sitting. Reason? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Back Pain
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you?
User:I want to talk about problem in my back
Doctor:Please explain your problem.
User:This started 6-7 months back when I slipped in a swimming pool. at that time it was very bad and i couldn't even bend or sit on a chair.
User:but after few days of rest it got ok
User:but again few days back when i was playing cricket
User:it started again
User:this time it is not that bad
User:but still i am not able to bend
User:what should i do?
Doctor:Were you pain free after recovery of your old injury
Doctor:or did you have some pain persisting since the last 7 months.
User:it was pain free
Doctor:May I know your age, your current height and weight?
User:height:- 6 feet
User:weight:-82 kgs
Doctor:Let me brief you.
Doctor:Since you were pain free for the last 7 months, the recurrence of pain is likely to be related to the cricket.
Doctor:You probably may have sustained injury during the play.
Doctor:I suggest you to rest your back and apply topical heat/pain balms.
Doctor:Voveran spray / volini cream are also helpful.
Doctor:The pain related to such injuries usually settle down with rest and medications.
Doctor:if the pain persists or worsen, you will need X-rays to look for spinal injury.
User:yeah but i was pain free because i didn't do any heavy work or exercise. also the pain is exact at the same place where it was earlier
Doctor:Fall into the pool can cause muscular aches. It can also cause bone or spine problems.
Doctor:However since you were pain free, it is unlikely that the fall resulted in spine problems.
Doctor:Such spine problems causes chronic and persisting pain.
Doctor:Therefore I would suggest you to rest well and apply pain medications.
Doctor:You should feel better.
Doctor:I would only suggest X-ray or scans if pain is persisting or worsens.
Doctor:Have you followed?
User:i guess i should get an x-ray or some scanning done
Doctor:I think I would be able to explain this over a phone call better.
User:yes i think it will be better
Doctor:Can you confirm your phone number?
Doctor:I hope it is clear now.
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:thanks a lot
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor