Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Severe pain in both upper and lower part of the knee while standing up toilet. What's wrong ? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2550 Questions
Doctor:good Evening
Doctor:how can I help you?
User:Hi, good evening Dr. XXXXXXX My Self AAAAA XXXXXXX M-30. I am facing problem with my knee while standing up from Indian toilet.
User:the pain is serious in both upper & lower part of the knee
User:earlier there was no issue
User:it was just started a 6 / 7 months back
User:kindly help
Doctor:may I know your age, height and weight?
User:Age - 30, Height - 5'11'', Weight - approx 81 (checked 2months back)
Doctor:Do you have any regular physical activities?
User:ha ha...not so much
User:just started doing pranayam
User:actually no physical activity
Doctor:Please wait.
User:its ok
Doctor:Is the pain increasing gradually?
User:No, i feel the pain only after toilet or bending my knees for more then 15 mins
User:also the pain comes while stretching the leg
Doctor:The main reasons could be a decreased amount of synovial fluid in the joints, or it could be due to degenerative conditions.
Doctor:Do you have pain in any other joints?
User:actually i never observe it
Doctor:Since it is long standing, it is important to have an examination done.
Doctor:And further, you may require particuar investigations to rule out any joint degeneration.
User:like...xray or any other tests
Doctor:yes. Xray and blood tests would be required.
User:Any thing serious doctor?
User:Blood test like?
Doctor:There can't be anything that serious which does not have any treatment.
Doctor:You will have to go for Complete blood count, RA Factor etc.
Doctor:But the investigations can be decided after a proper evaluation.
Doctor:It is just for making sure that you are not having early degeneration of your knee joint.
Doctor:At your age, you should be healthy and active.
Doctor:So let us make it happen.
Doctor:Get it examined and investigated.
User:hmm...surly doctor
Doctor:Meantime, you can have Calcium supplements.
Doctor:Such as Tab. Shelcal 500mg once daily.
Doctor:You can continue that for 2 weeks.
Doctor:Have you followed my suggestions?
User:thanx for your sugg & guidance doctor. I will get back to you with the reports
User:in mean whilei will start the tab. from today
Doctor:is there anything else that I could help you on?
Doctor:Hope I was helpful
Doctor:I assume that you do not have any further queries.
User:Surely...i have a lots of question but some other day
User:Thanx for your time
Doctor:Thanks for consulting me.
User:Bye Sir
Doctor:Have a Nice Evening!!
Doctor:Bye for now.
User:Bye Bye
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor