Severe diaper rash - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
User : hello.
Doctor : how can i help you?
Doctor : are uthere?
User : My daughter just developed a severe diaper rash. Her privates are swollen and some spots are a little bloody.
Doctor : ok
Doctor : since when
User : the inside of her privates are very raw and red. i used a and d ointment but is it right?
User : it just started about an hour ago. i have changed about 4 or 5 diapers before that and she was fine
Doctor : its called napkin dermatitis
User : from the wipes?
Doctor : diaper must have acted like a irritant
User : so what should i do?
Doctor : Irritant diaper dermatitis develops when skin is exposed to prolonged wetness,
Doctor : ok
User : ok
Doctor : The most effective treatment, although not always the most practical one, is to discontinue use of diapers, allowing the affected skin to air out.
Doctor : or u can use oil based protectants
Doctor : or barrier cream
Doctor : cod liver oil
User : so would using the A&D ointment be ok for this?
Doctor : in extreme cases u can
Doctor : is the rash severe
User : yes its every where that the diaper is
Doctor : in that acse vitamin mght not just help
Doctor : u can use
Doctor : Boudreaux's Butt Paste
Doctor : Keeping the baby's skin clean is considered another important factor in treatment.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Feeding problems macroglossia
- Feeds and lethargic in 7 month old
- Remedy for severe diaper rash
- Feeding problems in urti in infants
- Heart beat 130
- Severe diaper rash relief methods
- What helps severe diaper rash
- How to naturally increase fetal hemoglobin
- Hypermelanosis of the eye
- Formula feed infant that has a fishy odour
- What causes severe diaper rash
- Iron deficiency and adrenal insufficiency
- Healing severe diaper rash
- Irregular menstrual cycle and movement in abdomen
- Herpes and farting