Risk of heart attack post angioplasty - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : I am a 36 years old from India who recently was detected to have acute coronary syndrome with troponin T up to 0.98 ng and underwent PTCA and drug eluting stent placement to the left circumflex artery which was found to have 100% stenosis in the angiogram(single vessel disease in the LCx). Now that after 35 days the PTCA, I am highly worried about getting a second heart attack, or myocardial infarction, or even sudden death. My doctor said there is nothing to worry since I have adequate LV function, but I want to know whether it will be possible for me to live without the fear of having a second heart attack at least for the next few years?
Let me read it
Give me a couple of minutes
The chances of having second heart attack reduce post angioplasty
as they days progress
the studies say the chances of recurrences is less than 10 % after 7 yrs
User : all over the net it has been said that acute coronary syndrome recurs within two months and 24% of men who had heart attack die within one year
That is not true
User : sir, thank you very much for your guidance.. as i am in the office, I want to chat more with you at around 7. p.m. can I ask for the same doctor that is you?
Doctor : Yes
You may take a secondopinion from cardilogist here
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Heart blockage removal by munir
- Symptons hot blochy face
- Natural therapy to remove heart blockage
- Lateral broad based disc protrusion c5 c6
- Pea size lump base of neck and sholder
- Heart blockage low hemoglobin
- Life expectancy after heart attack and angioplasty
- Finasteride heart attack risks
- Heart attack angiography heart block post procedure complications angioplasty
- Ring for heart blockage
- Home remedy for bartholin cyst onion
- Adderall and heart attack risk
- Percocet and heart attack risk
- Side neck base collarbone sore touch
- Can bartholin cyst develop whitheads?