Residual radiation after a CT scan - Online Doctor Chats
User : hi doc
User : is there any residual radiation left in the body after a CT scan
User : you there doc ?
User : you there ?
User : hello
Doctor : Yes
Doctor : No, there is no radiation that is left after a CT scan.
Doctor : The radiation is what you are exposed to at the time of the scan.
User : ok..so a man can stay with her pregnant wife immediately after the test
Doctor : Yes.
Doctor : It is generally avoided in pregnancy.
User : no x-rays are emitted later on from the person's body ?
Doctor : Unless absolutely necessary.
Doctor : No.
User : ok..but the husband can undergo the test ...is it ?
Doctor : Yes.
Doctor : There is no residual radiation.
User : the pregnant wife has no risk from the man who has undergone CT scan ...
Doctor : No, there is no chance of any residual radiation.
Doctor : A CT scan emits XRAYS that pass through a person's body
Doctor : but dont get radiated
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Non-healing skin lesion
- Uploaded semen examination report what does it indicate
- Total protein level
- Ct scan after colonoscopy
- Ct scan after stroke
- Posterior knee pain at night
- Had mri for lumbo-sacral spine what are the findings
- Shaking leg syndrome symptoms
- Have chronic flank pain ct scan negative take hydrocodone help
- Ct scan after effects
- Effects of ct scan radiation
- Request for advice on the attached medical report
- Pre melanoma lesions
- Have had ultrasound done what does report indicate
- Ct scan radiation risk