Reports show abnormal cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides. Are these high CV risks? - Online Doctor Chats
We have talked earlier
I need some advice for my father
I just completed a complete health check for him, he is 64 years now
Please go ahead
There are two reports which are quite away from normal
What are they?
triglycerides - 164
hdl - 51
ldl - 172
vldl - 32.80
non hdl - 205
C Reactive Protien is very high
If I am not mistaken this indicates a high CV Risk
None of them
He is not under any medication too
CRP alone does not increase the risk
Since he has high Non HDL
and high LDL he may need a medication for its control
Are these figures alarming?
what specialist should I be consulting?
High CRP means inflammation, with high LDL, there can be lipid deposits in the blood vessels
as more inflammation can lead to unstable clots
But this is something which can be controlled with medicines?
What specialist should I be consulting?
A general physicia or should I go for a cardiologist?
Cardiologist follow up are essential once in 6 months
else a GP should be fine
Your recommendation would be consult a Cardio in the first instance? We have not shown this report to any doctors yet
Ask him to continue on Calcium supplements
thank you very much doctor for your help
Make sure he walks at least 45 minutes a day
sure.. he is not having anything now
should he start something?
Calcium 1000mg per day, SHELCAL 500mg twice a day
or NUTRILITE Cal Mag D, twice a day
anything on the diet?
We generally recommend few vaccinations for people over 65 years
Just for my understanding, these vaccinations are preventive for other conditions
Prevent serious lung infections at this age
I will take that...
Thank you ver much doctor
bye for now
If I am not taking too much of your time, how does the calcium help with the cholestral
They may not be directly related
Calcium is for bones
Thank you doctor
If he does not take extra calcium, the blood will take this from the boens
for your help
bones and make them weak
and soon he develops osteoporosis
aah okkay... understand
Thank you very much doctor
Hope you followed me?
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Best medicine for ldl cholesterol triglyceride and hdl
- Ursodeoxycholic acid and tooth decay
- Total cholesterol hdl ldl and triglycerides are
- How many pus cells in normal urine
- Glyoxysomes function in cell
- Cholesterol test done showing ldl hdl triglycerides cause of concern
- Packed field pus cells
- Use of lactic acid bacillus in tooth decay
- High vaginal swab results pus cells seen
- Nitric acid exposure basal cell carcinoma
- Are my cholesterol hdl ldl and triglyceride levels good
- Hdl ldl triglycerides good cholesterol total ok
- How long does a parietal cell last
- Allopathic medicine for achalasia cardia
- Lactic acid bacillus tablet loose motion