Report shows Hepatomegaly with grade II fatty liver. What does it mean? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Hi XXXXXXX here
I was having stomach pain from past few days
Also the scan shows liver of enlarged in size (19 cm) and shows increased echo pattern
My concern is that does this needs to be brought foreward to a specialist or my change in eating behaviour is enought
Or is it a serious issue.
You need to control your diet very strictly
and you should quit drnking absolutely
and you need to consult a medical gastro-enterologist
Any medicine I should be taking
Medicines don't have any major role
okay... so if I change my eating habits. that sould be fine
but if your fat levels in blood are high then one can consider medicines to get rid of those
My blood reports are normal
Is there any specifics to look into
Diet and equally important is exercise and abstinence from alcohol
and liver function tests
is there anything else?
Is this a serious concern to be immediately brought to a specialist attention
or my diet control is enough for now
You should definitely consult a specialist but its not like you have to that tomorrow
Okay... any specifis to be taken in my diet...
less oil and fats
and fiber XXXXXXX
rice, chapatti, pulses?
those are fine
In non-veg.. fish
is that good or bad
fish is good
minimal red meat
Thanks for your guidance
avoid as much as possible
you are welcome
Have a great day...
same to you
You too bye..
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Swollen testicles gallbladder surgery
- Piles and back pain
- Treatment of swollen gallbladder
- Treatment for grade ii fatty liver
- Thickening of gallbladder wall on ultrasound
- Gallbladder testicle
- Tamarind good for gallstone
- Taking paracetamol with ibuprofen
- What is hepatomegaly with fatty liver
- Grade ii fatty liver
- Erythromycin and stomach pain
- Treatment for adriamycin extravasation
- Dicyclomine 10 mg capsule
- Mild hepatomegaly with grade ii fatty liver
- Grade ii fatty liver with moderate hepatomegaly