Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Refractive error causing eye burn, watering and headache - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 13-Jan-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   Dear User, You have started the test chat with our doctor. The duration of the test chat is 5 minutes. After the trial period, you will be redirected to the Payment page
User :   hi
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   How can I help you?
User :   I have an eye problem
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I think it is genetics
User :   I mean herdity
Doctor :   What is the problem and since are you having it?
User :   I had it about 2 months before
User :   I cant see much far
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I can see but not like it used to be
Doctor :   Is there any burning in the eyes, watering or headache?
User :   no. but when I stay on the computer for a long period of time i feel a kind of burning sunsetion
Doctor :   Can you mention your age, gender and occupation?
User :   16
User :   I don't like glass
User :   or contact lenses
User :   my gender is male
Doctor :   The cause is most probably a refractive error. You may need glasses. I suggest that you first get your vision tested by an Ophthalmologist.
Doctor :   You will need to wear glasses or contacts till the sight stabilises
Doctor :   and after that you can go for Lasik or Laser eye surgery.
User :   do I have to wear the glass for ever
User :   or is it for a limited time
Doctor :   First it should be determined how much power you have and what kind of power it is.

Doctor :   In some cases, you will need only reading glasses but if it is more then you have to wear
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor