Redness in eye, irritation after something fell in. Suggest solution? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query.
Mrng While coming to office, something fell into my eye.
I tried cleaning with water,..
But still It is irritating and my eye turned red.
Can u plz suggest something??
Drops or ??
Sure, I would suggest some treatments.
But before doing so I need to know some details.
Do you ride a bike?
Ok, Did you get the foreign body in your eye while riding?
Not sure. I am feeling irritated when I close and open my eyes
OK. I understand your concern.
Let me brief you.
I tried checking but cudn't find anything
Usually if anything goes into the eye, the blinking of the lids and the tears washes it off.
If it does not go by itself, it shows that, it is stuck over the eyes or inside the lids.
The usual place it gets stuck is the inner side of the upper eyelid.
The treatment for any foreign body is to remove it first, and then apply eye drops.
Otherwise the foreign body does not get removed.
Hope you are following me.
At present, we do not know if the foreign body is causing the irritation in your eyes, or the injury caused by it is causing the irritation.
So please do the following.
1. Try pulling your upper eyelid a little bit and try washing the eyes continuously with water for 5- 10 minutes.
2. Then close your eyes for around 2-3 minutes continuously.
3. If the irritation has not disappeared, you will need to consult an ophthalmolgist to see if anything is lodged within your eyes or lids.
If so, it will have to be removed carefully under a slit lamp (Type of microscope ophthalmologist uses)
Will try the steps.
4. After it is removed, the doctor would be prescribing eye drops to reduce your difficulties and prevent infection.
Have you followed?
Do you have any other queries?
Thanks for consulting me. Let us know if you have any health related queries.
Have a good time.
Bye for now.
bye. hv a nice time.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Red eyes after welding
- Glossy irritated red eyes
- Red eye irritated and burns
- Double vision and bloody noses
- Irritation in eye and redness with water in it
- Paronychia typhoid
- Pterygium eye twitching eye
- Partial redness of the eye
- Parrot and strep throat
- Sore eyes 2 yrs old
- Droopy eyelid and eye pain
- Red pink particles in urine
- Purple scars around private parts
- Swallowed part of my tooth pregnant
- Red eyes after hookah