Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Reddish pus filled sore on the scrotum. Have severe pain. What is it? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Testicle Problems
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2545 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you today?
User:Hi Doctor
User:My husband has a very painful red sore on his scrotum
User:there was puss discharge from it 2 days back
User:but there has been no reduction in the pain
User:what could it be...
Doctor:It can be due to many possibilities
Doctor:I need to ask a few questions to help you better.
User:please go ahead
Doctor:Can you describe other symptoms?
User:there r no other symptoms....
Doctor:I also need to know his age
Doctor:For how long does he have this sore?
User:this is the 5th day
Doctor:Does he have any similar sores on other parts of the body?
User:No sore anywhere else, there was puss discharge on 2nd day and little bit of blood also came out along with the puss
Doctor:Did you completely drain the pus?
User:he is 33, he did drain out whatever was possible...
Doctor:Did it get better after drainage of pus?
User:a little better on that day, but the next day onwards it became progressively painful
Doctor:Does he have pain underneth skin?
Doctor:Is there a swelling inside the scrotum?
Doctor:These questions are important to judge the extent of infection?
User:yes there is pain
User:under the skin and it is kind of solidified in that area
Doctor:It seems that your husband has a cyst or a sinus.
Doctor:You can try antibiotic cream like neosporin until you see a doctor.
User:we have wincort at home, can he use that
Doctor:It is important that he sees the doctor to rule out infection inside the scrotum.
Doctor:Wincort has a steroidal component... I do not think it is a good cream for the conditon.
User:so its better to XXXXXXX a Doc at the earliest, right
Doctor:Yes, it is.
User:ok, will a general physician do or should be XXXXXXX any specialist
Doctor:Yes you can go to a general physician.
User:Thank you Doc
Doctor:It is also recommended that he goes for tests for infections
Doctor:Hope I helped.
Doctor:Do you have other query?
User:Definitely Doc, thank you very much
Doctor:Thanks for coming on chat.
Doctor:You can always login again to chat with a doctor 24/7
User:sure, thank you
Doctor:I need to close the chat window now.
Doctor:Bye for now
Question is related to
Medical Topics
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor