Recurring pain over the injured area - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
User : I went off a rope swing and hit a rock right at the top of my femur on my left leg. It turned into a huge bruise, and a relativly sharp edge of the rock caught me right on the joint there. It left a bruise about 10 inches in diameter on the back of my leg. It has been over 6 months and it still hurts pretty bad some days. I have also been experiencing large patches of very tender skin around my hips since then. It feels like I spilled a cup of hot coffee on me, even cloths touching the skin "irritates" it, but there is nothing wrong, no rash, no red, nothing. I also seem to have a quarter or half-dollar sized hole where the edge of the rock was. Right around that hole, I have a dull but quite painful ache that just decides its gonna make my day pretty rough whenever it wants too. The more active I get, the worse all this gets. I never saw a DR when it happened as I am uninsured. I am wondering if I should have it checked out, or if anything can really be done about it. I thought it would get better over time but it hasn't.
How can I help you?
Let me read through the paragraph.
Doctor : May I know your age and gender?
User : I thought I would ask because I woke up in a good bit of pain today
User : 23 male
Do you have the pain and the irritation all the day or
does it occur once in while?\
User : it lasts a while when it starts
User : days at a time
User : no rhyme or reason, exercise or activity doesnt make it worse or better
How frequent are your symptoms and for how long do your symptoms last?
User : days at a time
User : the buring lasts a week or more sometimes
User : lets just say I know its there every day, there are good and bad days but....
Do you have any problems when you walk?
User : no
Do you have weakness?
User : not that I have noticed
Is the symptoms confined only to the region you have injured/
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Recurring chest pain causes
- Recurring painful pimples on vagina
- Penidure injection neural tube
- Thigh pain from injection
- Steroid injections to relieve stiff legs
- Arthroscopic knee surgery complications
- Side effects of depakote in adults
- Neuromet injection for sciatica
- Having an emotional breakdown
- How to know if you re having a nervous breakdown
- Injection vein moving pain
- Recurring pain in left armpit
- Painful lump on injured knuckle
- Recurring painful stomach glands
- Symptons of nervous breakdown