Recurring depression. Suggestions to overcome it? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
and want some information about depression
My sister is suffering from recurring depression
how I can help her in coming out of it
Since when is she having depression?
Is she on medications?
when she was 10th standard
now she is 27
so almost 12-13 years
but reduced as per doctor's prescription
now not on medication
Is she taking the medications religiously as advised by the doctor?
and tried yoga
Depression is a chronic condition. Relapses and remissions are common.
However the condition can be kept under control with proper medications, behavioral therapy and family support.
may I know where I can get help for behavious therapy
At this point of time, without an option to physically talk to your sister, it would be hard to predict the right treatment options.
what should I do..
I understand your concerns. Therefore I would suggest you the following measure:
1. Keep her encouraged. Positive thoughts from you and all her close ones can keep her away from depression.
2. It is necessary that if there was any trigger factors you avoid talks / discussion about trigger factors.
3. As the effects of medicines are dose dependent, occasionally inappropriate medication can be the reason for relapses.
Therefore talk to her treating doctor and rationalize the medications.
medications can be gradually reduced or need to tak indefinitely
You may talk to them for a referral to that centre.
She should feel better with these measures.
Have you followed?
thanks for measures
Do you have any questions?
thank you very much
You are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Medicine for depression in amway
- Suggestions for treating depression with ayurveda
- Green veins on legs cure
- So angry you want cry depression
- Suggest a cognitive enhancer and anti depressent for controlling depression
- Green colour loose motion for 3 months baby
- Sikh guy with traction alopecia facing depression
- For what ailment clonotril tablet taken
- Overcoming depression and anxiety
- How to overcome the depression feeling
- Green mucus after rhinoplasty
- Good food to eat after 9pm without gaining a ton
- Is this depression please suggest me
- Mirtaz reaction with acitrom
- Got endoscopy and there is redness in my small intestine