Recurrent cough and cold in 13 month old baby - Online Doctor Chats
User : hi
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : my 13 months toddler is always falling sick-- coughs and cold
User : and we have been giving her cold and cough medicine- not too good for children of such young age ?
User : and my parents are strong advocate of medicine-- sometimes they self medicate
Young kids are prone to get upper respiratory infection very often.
User : when do i need to bring the kids to see doc when they have coughs.. my daughter has acute bronchitis before
Do not medicate them unnecessarily.
User : why ?
They have side effects.
User : oh dear
User : what are the side effects ?
Doctor : it depends on the medicine,
Some cough suppresants and cold medicines can cause drowsiness,
User : do you advise use of ortrivin for nasal congestion
Doctor : And few are to be avoided in young childen as it may hamper with the growth.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Vaginal strep group c diagnosed
- Diabetes signs sweet smelling poop
- 13 month baby with a cold
- My 15 month old baby is vomitting no fever cold or cough
- 430 days old baby loose motion
- Diet for 15 month old baby suffering from cold and cough
- Home remedies for cold and cough for a 10 month old baby
- New born 45 days baby cold
- 45 month old baby cold sweat
- Can himalaya liv52 be taken by diabetics
- Lactogen diet for 45 days baby
- 6 month old drinking only 400ml
- 8 month old cold and cough
- Taking extenze while diagnosed with tinnitus
- Shingles treatment for diabetic