Reason for prolonged and heavy period - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
Doctor : How can I help you?
User : I have had a prolonged period for the past several weeks and it has got worse within the past few hours??
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Did this happen before?
User : I have been irregular ever since i got off birthcontrol 2 years ago
Doctor : Please provide these details -Age: Gender: Occupation: Location: Marital Status: Weight and Height.
User : never gone on this long
User : 24
User : female
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Are there any clots in the bleeding?
User : yes
Doctor : I suggest that you take a Tab. Mefenamic Acid twice a day after food
Doctor : for a day
Doctor : Take plenty of bed rest
Doctor : Meanwhile you should visit a Gynecologist and get this evaluated.
User : I also have HPV could this be a cause?
Doctor : Periods are irregular after discontinuing birth control pills for a few cycles
Doctor : HPV is not known to cause heavy menstrual bleed
Doctor : Are you with me?
Doctor : I have to close this window since there is no response from your side, please get back to us if you need further medical advice. We are available round the clock.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Prolonged heavy periods taking norethisterone tablets stopped bleeding reoccurred normal
- Prolonged heavy periods after getting the implanon any treatment
- Delayed prolonged periods heavy constant flow causes and treatment
- Having irregular periods should i go for check up
- Leg pain and quiitting smoking
- Micobacterium weakens leg muscles
- Rash shooting pain in leg
- Prescribed diane for pcos brown discharge between periods concerned
- Irregular periods prescribed with susten urine pregnancy test negative
- Heavy prolonged periods with blood clots
- Preegnant having bleeding after taking of utrogestan chances of miscarriage
- What causes heavy bleeding clots and prolonged periods
- Pain in leg when pooing
- Pain in testicle and restless legs
- Having periods after 40 days of delivery normal