Reason for lower back pain after getting from sleep? How to rectify? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
I have this weird kind of back pain...its only when I sleep..
basically..in the night when I sleep..its ok..but the back pain comes always in the morning..which makes me get up from bed like an alarm...
cannot sleep after that..
but as the day passes.. the pain goes of..
so its basically on in the morning which forces me to get up due to excruitating pain
so what could be the reason & the solution..
I have also observed...its not only on my bed..its anywhere I sleep..
Since when are you having this problem?
from almost 10 months now..
tried & got a scan done..
all seems normal..
the kidney etc..all
Can you specify the exact location of pain - is it in the centre (spine) or by the side (paraspinal), lower back or upper back?
lower back..on either sides...
by the sides..
and at times lower spine..
Does the pain radiate down to your legs and feet?
Do you have any problem while passing urine/stools?
when passing urine no..
but at times have this mucus kinds in my stools...
May I know your age, your current height and weight?
Let me brief you.
which I am going to a fertlity specialist to conceive
suffer from PCOD..
The pain that you describe is not very classical of any organic medical condition including PCOD.
However occasionally someone with back problems such as lumbar lardosis/scoliosis, etc., may have such problems.
Similarly some one sleeping in a wrong posture with a wrong mattress/pillows
too also can experience similar aches.
Other rare possibility could be some of the pain syndrome (body perceives normal stimulation also as painful).
These are the few possibilities which I can think of based on the history provided.
We need to check your spine with X-rays and radiological tests to rule out organic spine problems.
If X-rays and other radiological test result show normal finding, then perhaps you need to change your posture while sleeping.
Sleep erect on a flat surface.
sleeping flat makes it worse
Very hard mattress and very soft mattress can worsen the pain.
so sleep on my sides
Similarly sleeping on the more than 2 pillows can be harmful.
I understand your problem, and my suggestions to you are the following:
1. Consult an orthopedic. You may need to undergo a few test such as X-ray, blood count, hemoglobin and ESR.
2. Use analgesics briefly.
3. If the test come normal, perhaps you will reconsider your sleeping position.
4. If problems persist despite the above steps, then you may need medications that modify the pain.
A group of medications belonging to SSRI category can be taken at night to relieve the distress.
*Medical use is only the last resort, if none of the above measures give fruitful results.
Hope you have followed what I said?
Do you have any doubts/queries?
Thanks so much..
You are welcome.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Back pain and sleep apnea
- Foods to avoid with cervical spondylosis people
- Sitting heart rate chart
- Size of e coli
- Back strain caused by autofellatio
- Sintomas del colon inflamado tratamiento
- Lower back pain from sleeping
- Ayurvedic treatment for tail bone pain
- Middle back pain after sleeping
- Sinus infection with swollen lymph nodes
- Lower back pain sleeping positions
- Ayurveda cured long time scoliosis
- Back pain during sleep
- Food to avoid with spondylosis
- Sinus pressure after drinking milk