Reason for intermittent pain around naval? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
some problem with my stomach i gues, i get a wierd pain for 2-3 seconds
have not been eating wek for almost a week now
its as if something is kind of pulling inside
Where exactly is this pain located?
exactly around naval
Do you notice any factor that aggravates the pain?
Any relations to food?
comes and just goes off in few seconds- bt its a bad pain
not sure if its indigestion
i had a bad stomach 2 weeks back
which is ok now
Was there any recent changes in your food habit / new place/restaurant visited?
ya new place
for ten days
Are you on any regular medication?
Let me brief you.
Intermittent pulling pain in the abdomen is generally classified as a colick pain, unless the nature of pain is related to injury, movements of the body or if it a dull ache located around the abdominal organs.
Perhaps the short acute intermittent pain is an intestinal colick.
In layman's term, I refer this to as a painful digestion/bowel movement.
As you agree with me, that you visited a new place, perhaps the new food triggered this symptoms.
But do not worry.
It will settle down with time.
on its own?
its been few days already :(
Drink plenty of fluids, take good fibre containing food and eat less spicy/less fatty meal.
while i sit to have food- i feel stuffed with just XXXXXXX 2-3 bites
Intestinal problems such as the ones you described do take a few weeks to settle down.
and tat makes me feel week
It does not warrant medical attention as you do not have any associated complaints
and I do not want you to be on medications of pain lasting for few seconds.
However I do suggest you to monitor the symptoms.
hmm- but it keeps coming in- again and again
watch out for abdominal distension, nausea, vomiting, fever or loose stools.
If any of these symptoms appear or if the symptoms worsen (intensity, frequency and duration of pain worsens)
please visit a nearby doctor.
hmm ok kool!
The doctor can get your blood tested to rule out the presence of any intestinal infection.
He/she can also prescribe you antihelminthic drugs (deworming pills).
Have you followed what I said? And do you have any queries?
yup- i got it!
no qns as of now!
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
You are welcome.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does taking oxy pro elite make your throat dry and scratchy
- My dad is used to get blood in stool
- Dry throat during seventh month of pregnancy
- Dry skin spots on skin patch on my knuckle
- I have had pain in my sternum kindly help me
- Why is there stomach pain and swelling in vagina
- Pregnant abdominal pain thigh pain back pain have ibs reason
- Playing sport with a perforated ear drum
- Intermittent pain in head reason
- I have a stomach ache towards the middle
- 16 year old girl abdominal pain for 2 months
- Intermittent back pain and pain in vagina
- What could be the reason for intermittent pain in kidney
- Vyvanse side effect vaginal dryness?
- Knee pain elbow pain hips pain weaned off paroxetine reason