Raised serum iron levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : sorry it was not clear that this was not free
i am sorry, i dint understand what you mean to say
User : I received a lab back that had iron level at 224 and TIBC 398 Should I be concerned
i will help you with this
User : yes?
please provide your age, gender and location
User : 51 f colorado
TIBC for normal adult men should be between 240 to 450 Âµg/dL
and for adult women
serum iron levels should be 60 - 160 Âµg/dL
Doctor : your serum iron seems to be raised
what were the other blood test levels?
serum iron can be high in hemochromatosis, hemolytic anemia and iron poisoning
so you will need to do further investigations to distinguish what is the cause for your raised serum iron levels.
Doctor : Dear User, your free trial is over. Once you pay you can chat with our doctor for any length of time. Thanks for your co-operation.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Low serum iron causes
- Sitz bath camomile
- Signs for malaria for a 6month baby
- Monoclonal lymphocytosis causes
- Serum iron levels
- Leukopenia, hemolytic anemia causes
- High serum iron low ferritin
- Side affects of zincolac
- Skin peeling in hands during pregnancy
- Serum iron level in leukoplakia
- Lower serum iron
- Hairy cell anemia causes
- Short of breadth and legs get tired easily
- Amegakaryocytic thrombocytopenia causes
- Primary hemochromatosis causes