Raised serum iron levels - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : sorry it was not clear that this was not free
i am sorry, i dint understand what you mean to say
User : I received a lab back that had iron level at 224 and TIBC 398 Should I be concerned
i will help you with this
User : yes?
please provide your age, gender and location
User : 51 f colorado
TIBC for normal adult men should be between 240 to 450 Âµg/dL
and for adult women
serum iron levels should be 60 - 160 Âµg/dL
Doctor : your serum iron seems to be raised
what were the other blood test levels?
serum iron can be high in hemochromatosis, hemolytic anemia and iron poisoning
so you will need to do further investigations to distinguish what is the cause for your raised serum iron levels.
Doctor : Dear User, your free trial is over. Once you pay you can chat with our doctor for any length of time. Thanks for your co-operation.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of antibody deficiency
- Low serum iron causes
- Left foot swollen for no reason
- Hiv pins and needle foot
- Lisinopril foot numbness
- Diagnosis of lymphocytosis
- Serum iron levels
- High serum iron low ferritin
- Diagnosis of venous disorders
- Serum iron level in leukoplakia
- Itchy painful rash on foot
- Diagnosis of idiopathic hemochromatosis
- Diagnosis of myelodysplasia
- Smoking tingling sensation left foot
- Lower serum iron