Rabies vaccination need and effects - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hello
how can i help u?
User : Hi there, I actually had my girlfriend post for me earlier today, and I just wanted to make sure to verify what exactly she was told
User : I was hoping you could put my mind at ease, and I feel so silly for being this paranoid, but here it goes: Doctor :
User : Last night I heard one of my mouse traps go off, and I went into the room and the mouse was still somewhat alive in the trap. Wanting to be humane, I grabbed a rubber mallet and knocked the mouse with it to end its misery. I noticed later on however, that I must of knicked my hand off the corner of the table or something when I reached for, or swung the mallet, and I had a small scratch
User : I know the animal did not bite me, as its head was stuck in the trap the whole time, but would it be necessary for me to go to the doctor and get a rabies shot?
are u sure it dint bit u?
User : I am 99% sure. Its head was in the trap the entire time, and I never directly touched the mouse, I used plyers to lift the trap, and like I said I used a mallet to kill it
User : As soon as I noticed the cut, about 5 minutes after I disposed of the mouse (using plyers, not touching it directly) I washed my hands with soap and water thoroughly, and applied bactene
User : the cut is no larger than the size of a pencil led
User : the smallest red hole...
if it dint bite u not required
User : ok another question
User : if it didnt bite me, would it hurt me to get a rabies shot?
User : just to ease my mind kind of thing...
i dint get u
u are asking that is it painful to take rabies shots?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Rabies vaccine side effects
- Enbrel and flu vaccine
- Rabies vaccine effect on fertility
- Why do babies get sweaty feet
- High liver enzymes in one year old baby
- Td immunization vaccination
- Flu vaccine and ibuprofen
- How effective is rabies vaccination
- After effects of rabies vaccine
- Diphtheria tetanus polio vaccine
- Red glare of the eyes on newborn babies: not normal glare
- Effects of overdose of anti rabies vaccinations
- Is evion q100 tablet is useful in planning baby
- Vaccine pain relief
- How to judge baby's gender examining tiffa scan report