Rabies due to scratch of cat - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hello
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : I have been feeding a stray cat in my backyard and she has become quite domesticated.She recently was sitting on my lap and as she went to jump off, her nails pierced my skin. I read you can get rabies from cats. I have also been sick recently, but i do not know if its related. Should i be worried? Should i get checked out?
when did this incident occur?
User : last week
User : im not sure what day
is the cat fine?
what symptoms do you have?
User : yes i've been watching her and she seems the same as usual
User : i just had a stuffy nose and coughing
User : and a sore throat
rabies in cats are rare
you can take symptomatic treatment for sore throat and cold
keep observing the cat
for precaution sake, you can take anti-rabies shot
are you there?
User : yes
if the cat becomes furious, paralytic or prodromal,
then you should complete the full course
of the anti-rabies
User : okay but to your knowledge, is contracting rabies from the cat through a scratch high risk?
it can be, the risk s minimal , but not ruled out
did you take basic first aid after you got the scratch?
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Hair fall due to chickenpox
- Hip pain and chiils
- Pea sized lump chihuahua head
- Cyclopam tablet or meftal spas
- Chickenpox on white of eye
- Does cat scratch need anti rabies injection
- Is repeat of anti rabies vaccination required for cat scratch
- Is cat scratch cause spreading of rabies
- Effect of anti rabies on cats
- Pilonidal cyst infection dermatologist
- Mottled skin and chickenpox
- Norethindrone treatment of ovarian cyst
- Thyroglossal duct cyst surgery recovery time
- Rabies transmission from scratch
- Polycythemia vera and menstral cycle