Query related to medical report - Online Doctor Chats
I hv recd my latest medical report
just a few queries to understand it better
How can I help you?
thus seek your assistance
Proceed with you query. I will try and assist you in the best way possible.
In my blood report it statest Total Cell Count
M C H pg Result 25.8 (whilst the normal range is 27 - 31)
what is this and what is the effect?
Do you have those values in your report too?
Can you provide those details too?
Total R.B.C x/10^6/ul 5.81
Packed cell volume % 45.1
M C V fL 77.6
M C H pg 25.8
M C H C g/dl 33.3
I am a male, 34 years old,
Have you got a peripheral smear report too?
yes, do u want all details or the last line would do?
Peripheral Smear : Normochromic Normocytic
That will complete the study. Thanks for providing the details.
Let me brief you now.
MCV refers to average amount of hemoglobin present in your blood.
I mean MCH refers to average hemoglobin level.
In simple terms, every Red blood cell in your body contains 25.8picograms of hemoglobin.
However as your other values are normal, possibilities of such anemia is unlikely.
This is confirmed by the normal periperhal smear examination.
Hence the borderline low MCH values is probably an incidental finding, may be related to dehydration or perhaps an error too.
So you need not worry.
so both MCV & MCH being marginally below the normal range is not an issu
Low MCV and MCH would make the red blood cell microcytic and hypochromic
however as your peripheral smear is reported normocytic and normochromic along with normal red blood count and hemoglobin,
this is not a major concern to me.
Thanks a ton doc.
You can take plenty of iron diet such as meat, liver
Have a gr8 day ahead
ok... will do tha
spinach, ragi and others and recheck the values again after a few months.
We can take this ahead following second report.
Hope it is clear to you.
Do you have any other query?
no further queries.... the affirmation was to the part on understanding.
Thanks for consulting me.
Thanks once again.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Ct scan statistic chart
- Non specific gliotic changes
- Ultrasound scan charges in manipal hospital
- Suffering from wheezing what is the treatment
- Non specific st t wave changes
- 85 year old suffering from depression need help
- Pregnant accidental trauma to stomach will i lose the baby
- Drugs/medication for query the syndrome
- Hello it seems that your medical query was not typed
- Bleeding gums after childbirth using sensitive toothpaste and toothbrush
- Query related to ladies health problems
- High veg protein chart
- Child with severe vomiting what to do
- Drugs/medication for query tinea
- Pacemaker related query please help