Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Query about pain on the right side of the chest - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2408 Questions
User :   I have been having pains - not really pains - but uncomfortable feeling, like a band tightening in the area of my bra line, more on the right side. It doesn't bother me when I sleep, in fact, lying down or stretching usually relieves this. I seems that am coffee brings it on or wine. Sometimes the pain or uncomfortable feeling is going on lower in the right. I just recently had a bad UTI as well. I had a bout of these symptoms last year too about this time but then it was okay until 2 weeks ago
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   let me read your query
User :   hello
Doctor :   So do u have any rash or redness around ?
User :   no
Doctor :   is it sensitive to touch there ?
User :   not touch -
Doctor :   have you had chicken pox any time before ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   may i know your age ?
User :   60
Doctor :   does this band like tightness , seem to be all over the chest, in a circumferance
User :   do you mean does it go to my back too?
Doctor :   no,
Doctor :   i asked if u feel it in your back as well ?
Doctor :   or it is felt only in the front ?
Doctor :   Do u take any medications for any medical conditions ?
User :   front mostly. a little in shoulder blades but not constant and its one side or the other and I have experienced that on and off over the year without the front
User :   No medications
User :   lots of supplements
Doctor :   When you press the area, does it pain ?
User :   no pain, I can feel the pressure though
Doctor :   and you felt this pain since 2 weeks and it is constantly present ?
User :   not 100% constant, like sleeping, lying down.
User :   when I had this last year, I had blood test for liver enzymes and came back normal
Doctor :   this seems to be a dermatomal pain , which can occur as relapse of shingles like pain
Doctor :   are u there ?
User :   yes
Doctor :   try applying some pain ointments like capsaisin
User :   that is OTC?
Doctor :   over the counter
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   thats right
Doctor :   also apply some ice packs to that area
User :   ok even though the "pain" feels internal
Doctor :   yes
Doctor :   it helps
User :   ok - is advil a good idea too do you think?
Doctor :   also you try to take some medications like ibuprofen , advil,
Doctor :   that will help to relieve the pain very much
Doctor :   I hope i have answered ur queries
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor