Prognosis for cancer - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can i help you?
User : my father in law has to wear a permanent colostamy bag and just found out his cancer has returned what are his options and survival rate
May i know his age?
User : late 40s
The treatment option and the prognosis of his condition depends on various factors.
like the present state of the tumour,
The stage of the tumour,
User : they said something about and removing all of his below and sewing it up whats that mean
It means total bowel resection.
User : can he live like that
where the affected tumour along with the normal part of the gut is resected and
the ends are anastomosed.
User : ok will he have to have a feeding tube
Yes he can live that way.
But he has to be on other supports for feeding.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Bowel cancer treatment and prognosis
- Little bumps inside of cheeks
- Vaginal cancer hemorrhage prognosis
- Metastatic liver cancer prognosis
- Spongy bump in cheek
- Outter ear bump from cell phone
- Red bumps in cervix
- Prognosis womb cancer
- Is decreased urine output a side effect of tarceva?
- Is irregular breathing a side effect of ibuprofen?
- Liver cancer treatment and prognosis
- Is incoherent speech a side effect of teriparatide?
- Overnight dark red bump cheek
- Is pain in the joints a side effect of oxaliplatin?
- Is cloudy or bloody urine a side effect of sutent?