Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Problem with complete erection since few years - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 21-Feb-2012
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2550 Questions
Hi, I am 30 yrs old, my height is 5ft 11 inches and my weight is 115 kgs. I was a regular user of cough syrup drugs for 3 yrs. Now it has been 7 yrs since i quit this habit. I do take alchohol twice a week nowdays. Since the last 7-8 yrs i am not able to get a full erection. Many times my erection is not hard enough to penetrate a girl. I am also suffering from premature ejaculation. Please advice.               
Doctor :   Hi
Doctor :   'here
Doctor :   Let me read your query
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   I am waiting as you are typing something
Doctor :   Go ahead with it
Doctor :   Yes, I did read your query
Doctor :   Now, do you get good erections any time during the day?
User :   Yes sometimes but it is about only 75 % hard
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you consulted a Urologist till now?
User :   No
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   You do need to do that
User :   could u recomend someone
Doctor :   Premature ejaculation is not a worry
Doctor :   but the erection part has to be solved first
Doctor :   Yes, I can suggest you good urologists
Doctor :   May I know which city you are chatting from?
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   give me a minute
User :   ok
Doctor :   you shall be opted for a sensory examination first
Doctor :   and then if required a scanning shall be done
Doctor :   most of the times, the problem is psychological in origin
Doctor :   that should not be a worry
User :   I am getting married in 3 months. Do you think i can lead a normal sex life
Doctor :   alcohol consumption does reduce the sexual drive
Doctor :   hence keep it minimum
Doctor :   or get rid of the habit as well
Doctor :   You can lead a normal sexual life, as I dont see any serious issue by your history
Doctor :   Have you indulged in sexual intercourse before?
User :   yes many times
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Has it been with a single or multiple partner/s?
User :   multiple
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   Have you been able to provide good penetration during that?
User :   Yes i was perfectly alright. But in the last 5 yrs i have indulged in sex only 5 times out of which 4 times my penetration was very minimal due to my penis not being fully erect.
User :   Mostly it was after consuming alchohol
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   that is common
Doctor :   not to worry about
Doctor :   Ok
Doctor :   What was the medicine?
User :   Some ayurvedic medicine but he did not tell me the name
Doctor :   Ok
User :   I am hesitant to indulge in sex because of my condition
Doctor :   it is psychological in origin
Doctor :   not to worry
Doctor :   Yes
User :   Is viagra recomended
Doctor :   Not now
User :   Ok
Doctor :   It can be decided upon consultation
User :   Anything else i need to do.
Doctor :   Nothng right now
Doctor :   keep yourself calm
User :   Thank you doctor. I appreciate your advice/help.
Doctor :   Thanks for consulting, bye for now
User :   Bye
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor