Prevention of flu transmission to a 6 week old baby - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : Hi
How can I help you?
User : i have a 6 week old infant that may have been exposed to thhe flu..what should i do?
User : is it ok for her to still be in thhe same huse as the child withthe flu?/
Doctor : It is not advisable to do that
User : how long is the flu contagious?
Doctor : For about a week
from the onset of symptoms.
Also the person should be completely recovered from the disease.
User : so what should i look for in my baby to see if she has gotten the flu?
Doctor : Let the infected child wear a Mask to prevent transmission
Doctor : Do not get over anxious about it
Breast feed the baby well
Mother's milk will strengthen her immunity.
User : shes bottle fed
May I know the reason?
User : she was born tongu tied an couldnt latch properly
Doctor : Ok
Doctor : Just see to it the infected child wears a N95 mask
Do not bring her in direct contact
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Mucus plug at back of throat
- Gerd treatment with junior lanzol
- Over the counter flu prevention
- New moles on spine of back
- Upper back pain that moves around
- Small mole and pain upper right back
- Hard stools and worms
- Homeopathic flu prevention remedy
- Do onions prevent the flu
- Green stool after eating neem
- Green stool and frequent urination
- Flu tab medicine to prevent swine flu
- Neosporin to prevent flu
- Farting in sleep
- Painful sore in back of mouth