Prenatal use of folate - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : hi
User : we are planning for a kid
User : please let me know what is the role of folate
User : is it fine if folate is taken after conceiving
i will help you in this
in simple words, folate helps in proper development and formation of nervous system of the baby
if you are planning for a kid, it is advised to start folic acid supplements atleast two to three months in advance
User : but is it harmful if it starts after conceiving
however, taking these after conception has occurred also is good and essential for proper nervous system development.
User : ok
it prevents neural tube defects
User : please advise in which forms it can be taken and whether there are side effects
that occurs in first month of development.
it can be taken safely as tablets that are available widely.
and there are no sideeffects generally.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Sources of folate
- Exercise for loss of cervical lordosis
- Cervical ectropian in pregnency
- Unusual food habits during pregnancy
- Cervical fusion face tingle
- Is valvular operation cause any problem in pregnancy
- Folate and alcoholism
- Accidentally i got a little pregnant
- Eye floaters and cervical herniations
- Can u get pregnant from having sex under water
- Lack of folate
- Folate as metafolin
- Mesalamine and folate
- Will my vagina be the same after pregnancy
- Thyroidectomy and cervical erosion