Prenatal use of folate - Online Doctor Chats
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : hi
User : we are planning for a kid
User : please let me know what is the role of folate
User : is it fine if folate is taken after conceiving
i will help you in this
in simple words, folate helps in proper development and formation of nervous system of the baby
if you are planning for a kid, it is advised to start folic acid supplements atleast two to three months in advance
User : but is it harmful if it starts after conceiving
however, taking these after conception has occurred also is good and essential for proper nervous system development.
User : ok
it prevents neural tube defects
User : please advise in which forms it can be taken and whether there are side effects
that occurs in first month of development.
it can be taken safely as tablets that are available widely.
and there are no sideeffects generally.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Difference between sinarest and relent syrup
- Sources of folate
- Early scan at 7 weeks
- Progesterone use in early pregnancy
- Folate and alcoholism
- Medical foul smelling rash between thigh
- Food pregnant women should eat
- Lack of folate
- Pain between pinky toe feels like glass
- What pregnant woman should eat
- Folate as metafolin
- Mesalamine and folate
- Fat sores between rolls
- Fleshy part between labia minora
- Hcg ranges in early pregnancy