Premature baby shivers sometimes. Is it normal? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
hi Dr XXXXXXX
was blessed with baby boy last month
my baby is a premature baby
i noticed that he shivers sometimes is this normal or some concern
May I know what you meant by premature baby?
Do you mean preterm baby?
he was born in 7th month
Shivering can be a normal or abnormal phenomena.
he just shakes for 2-3 seconds
If there are no other symptoms before, after and during the shivering and if he is growing / developing well, I think this could be a normal.
he shakes his legs and arms
There is an entity called myotonic clonus which is normal in baby.
It is seen predominantly in young children.
It doesn't cause any problems and as the baby grows
the number and frequency of such jerks disappear.
I am not sure, if what you describe is one such myotonic clonus.
What I suggest to you is take a video recording of such movements if possible using your phone or other recording apparatus
can i talk to you 2 mins please
you no please
May I know your phone number? I shall call you.
Hope it is clarified.
you can mail the video to YYYY@YYYY
yes you have been patient and helpful
with the subject as Attn:Dr XXXXXXX
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Normal to control urine sometimes
- 30 day old baby crying before passing urine
- I think my 2year old may have swallowed bleach
- How much calpol for a 2year old
- Should i take losartan or imlodipine for bp
- How much ondem syrup dosage for 2year old child
- Discharge planning in patient with bph
- Ursocol bp vs ursocol
- Can a bp patient take montek lc dosage
- Premature baby has viral infection slow breathing dipping chest normal
- Can colimex drops be used in 2weeks old baby?
- Sometimes my left eye shivers why
- My hands are shivering lightly sometimes i
- Baby sometime vomits ceralac
- High t waves and bradycardia