Pregnant with cough. Safe to take medication? Concerned about the health of the baby - Online Doctor Chats
Mam ,i am 7 week pregnant,how do i now if my baby is alright...though i had gone for the USG on saturday and it was fine,but still
If you can see the baby's heart beating on USG, it is confirmatory.
Why do you think you need to check on baby's well-being?
Till 5- 6 months Usg is the way to confirm
Pregnant women should avoid all medicines in pregnancies,unless urgently needed.
Still I need to know more about the cough to be able to better help you.
its a normal cough,with mucus and very bad
Is it very forceful?
but not that much ,but yes
no,nothing only cough
Actually forceful cough should be taken care of.
Do you have a history of asthma?
Do you get any allergies?
When did the cough start?
just 3-4 days back
i have drink some sore drinks
Actually there is a medicine for vomiting that can take be tried for cough-it is usually prescribed in pregnancy.
It contains an anti-allergic along with a vitamin.
It is considered safe during pregnancy.
But you will need a prescription of it from a physician, preferably your gynecologist.
okie,then i will speak her
she said dont take any med,try only home remedy
okie thanks doctor
Yes that is the best course, but forceful cough is not good for baby.
Try to relax during cough episodes
Divert your attention to something else during such episodes.
do not worry, women can get the usual coughs and colds during pregnancy.
Do you have any other question?
Take your multivitamins daily.
Take adequate rest.
You can log in again to chat with a doctor 24/7
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suggest medication for cough and breathlessness
- Toddler uncircumcised foreskin adhered more one side
- Labia minor adheres to major and painful
- Does using vaseline prevent pregnancy
- Pregnant having cough will it harm baby medication for cough
- Will utrogestan increase body temperature
- Retroverted uterus bulky adherent ovaries
- Ayurvedic treatment duration for adhd
- Xyy adhd
- Is it safe to use derma roller while pregnant
- Nebulizer medications for cold and cough
- Cipralex and cough medications
- Susten 200 after iui and dizziness
- Drugs/medication for Cough
- Pregnancy with acrodysostosis