Pregnant with cough. Safe to take medication? Concerned about the health of the baby - Online Doctor Chats
Mam ,i am 7 week pregnant,how do i now if my baby is alright...though i had gone for the USG on saturday and it was fine,but still
If you can see the baby's heart beating on USG, it is confirmatory.
Why do you think you need to check on baby's well-being?
Till 5- 6 months Usg is the way to confirm
Pregnant women should avoid all medicines in pregnancies,unless urgently needed.
Still I need to know more about the cough to be able to better help you.
its a normal cough,with mucus and very bad
Is it very forceful?
but not that much ,but yes
no,nothing only cough
Actually forceful cough should be taken care of.
Do you have a history of asthma?
Do you get any allergies?
When did the cough start?
just 3-4 days back
i have drink some sore drinks
Actually there is a medicine for vomiting that can take be tried for cough-it is usually prescribed in pregnancy.
It contains an anti-allergic along with a vitamin.
It is considered safe during pregnancy.
But you will need a prescription of it from a physician, preferably your gynecologist.
okie,then i will speak her
she said dont take any med,try only home remedy
okie thanks doctor
Yes that is the best course, but forceful cough is not good for baby.
Try to relax during cough episodes
Divert your attention to something else during such episodes.
do not worry, women can get the usual coughs and colds during pregnancy.
Do you have any other question?
Take your multivitamins daily.
Take adequate rest.
You can log in again to chat with a doctor 24/7
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Suggest medication for cough and breathlessness
- Stents in legs recovery time
- Pregnant having cough will it harm baby medication for cough
- Pulsating sensation in legs
- Shattered leg surgery
- Sinarest during initial months of pregnancy
- Legs are weeping
- Nebulizer medications for cold and cough
- Ovumax injection during pregnancy
- Cipralex and cough medications
- Ovipure injection during pregnancy
- Ovamax injection during pregnancy
- Orofers injections during pregnancy
- Vasculitis leg ulcers
- Drugs/medication for Cough