Pregnant, stomach pain, heart burning sensation. On iron tablets, diovol syrup. Suggestions? - Online Doctor Chats
hello doctor, i'm XXXXXXX I'm 8 months pregnant now and i'm suffering from gastric problem foe past 2 weeks
my gynecologist has asked me to avoid taking outside food and has also given a syrup that i need to take before food thrice a day
are there any other remedies apart from medicine which would help contol my gastric trouble?
i have mentioned my problem above
Can you explain the symptoms you have?
stomach pain and heart burn sensation\
May I know what medications are given to you?
Let me explain.
This is a condition that can be prevented using adequate lifestyle and diet modification.
Let me suggest you few important dietary changes that will help you.
1. It is important that you take your meals at regular interval.
2. Try small and frequent meals, instead of heavy and large meals.
3. Avoid any diet that is hot, spicy and XXXXXXX fried.
should i avoid biscuits and cakes?
Instead a bland and less spicy diet will be helpful.
because i ve been taken them for quite some time..
Biscuits and cakes would not be a problem,
However restrict taking any beverages such as caffeine, tea and other aerated drinks.
5 Dark chocolates too can be avoided.
6. After dinner, avoid sleeping immediately.
Your last dinner needs to be atleast 2 hours before you hit the bed.
is there any time before which i should have my dinner?
7. If comfortable, raise your cot at the head end.
does having late dinner lead to gastitis?
You may raise it for feet above the floor.
Sleeping immediately after dinner causes delay in emptying of food from the stomach.
This can increase the chances of heart burn.
9. The syrup given to you is an antacid and helpful in such instances, you need to take then 30 mins before food for better effectiveness.
thanks for your time Dr.
10. If it is ok with your obstetrician involve in mild physical exercise
They will help you.
All these measures should be enough to handle the present problem
Have you followed?
do you have any other query?
ya i ve followed. no, i do not have any further queries
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
Wish you successful pregnancy and safe delivery.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Yellowish brown discharge 9 months pregnant
- Long-term effects of opioids
- Pregnant stomach pain diarrhea on iron tablets advise and remedy
- T3 tablets side effects
- Newborn syrup stomach pain
- Stomach pain while pregnant
- Progyluton tablets side effects
- Nausea and brown discharge
- Brown discharge but negative pregnancy test
- Brown mucus discharge at 8 weeks pregnant
- Lamisil tablets side effects
- Normet syrup for stomach pain
- Syrup sorblin for stomach pain
- Doryx side effects acne
- Brown discharge pregnancy third trimester