Pregnant, having very bad cough with sore throat. Remedy? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you today?
I am 22 weeks pregnanct
wht shld i do
the cough strated when i was 8 week pregnant and that time my gyne told me to take home rmedies
instead of med....it was much better and now my thoat is vey senstive and catched cough very easily.Someone told me that this will only go after delivering the baby since it could be some allergy
How did it start?
i had taken lot of ice cream and golgappa pani
What have you tried till now?
it started bcoz of that ,but now my thorat is very senstive though i am avoiding both these things
Honey with ginger and sualin tablet
Have you tried anti-allergic?
no med till now ,only home remedies
Anti-allergics are safe to use during pregnancy
Also drink pure drinking water at all times
Avoid foods that you feel you are sensitive tooo
ya i am avoiding that
What is the source of drinking water?
I carry my own water to office as well.
How long is the sensitivity been there?
Actually during pregnancy, susceptibilty to colds and allergies increases
But too much cough can be harmful to baby
Thus we need to suppress it as needed
I think you should discuss with your gynecologist about the medicines that are safe
but cough comes and go....its not persistent
I usually prescribe anti-allergics
my review is on coming sat will discuss this
thank u doctor
Do you have any other concerns?
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Is cefalexin intake safe during pregnancy
- Pregnant sore throat breathless
- Is nasivionaugmetin and fluticone safe during pregnancy
- Child complaining of feet being hot
- Child complaining of sides pains
- Sebaceous cyst containing smegma child
- Pregnant with fever and sore throat
- Chihuahua reoccuring sabaceous cysts
- How to increase weight during prgnancy
- Pregnant vomiting sore throat
- What does thick placenta and low afi indicate
- Pregnant sore throat diarrhea
- Pregnant 32 weeks coughing sore throat
- What does my tiffa scan show only onefoot measurement
- Child complaining of hot leg