Pregnant, have loss of appetite. Underlying cause? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
i am XXXXXXX
doc i am in my 20th week of pregnancy
and i don'tt feel like eating anything
not able to et anything at all at dinner
probably i daily have vegetable soup and a glass of orange juice
but managed to have eat something at breakfast and lunch
You are unable to eat due to low appetite or due to symptoms of nausea/vomiting?
due to low appetite
yes i did
it was around 12
How long ago was the test performed?
Do you have any other symptoms apart from the low appetite?
not at all
yes i had thyroid
Are you on medications now?
yes i am
Let me brief you.
Appetite changes is very common during pregnancy.
but does it effect baby's growth / health in any way
You may crave for some food while other food can be disgusting.
You may need to check if you have any cravings for some food.
but there is no craving
apart from this pregnancy also causes some changes in your hormones and blood.
Both anemia and hypothyroid state can reduce appetite levels.
You will need to recheck both these by tests.
If they are abnormal it needs to be corrected accordingly.
I do not have any other condition to explain the low appetite now.
i had gain weight due to thyriod
You can get these test done under the guidance of gynecologist and review.
so are you saying i can lose weight due to thyroid only
Pregnancy can also cause weight gain. Therefore without the latest TSH values we cannot attribute this to thyroid issue alone.
will get both the rest done..
thanks a lot for advice
i mean tests
We can know your state by tests.
Hope you have followed what I said.
Do you have any other query?
yes i did
no that will be all
Thanks for consulting me.
And all the best!!
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Drugs/medication for lower leg infections
- Drugs/medication for ischiogluteal bursitis
- 33 weeks pregnant and loss of appetite
- 36 weeks pregnant and loss of appetite
- Susten 100mg affective administration
- Stomach pain headache loss of appetite pregnant
- Drugs/medication for black rash
- Naturogest 100mg during pregnancy
- Drugs/medication for pharyngeal palsy
- 39 weeks pregnant loss of appetite
- Pregnant loss of appetite feels weak suggestion
- Utrogestan 100mg for weak cervix
- Drugs/medication for pruritis
- Susten 100mg injection once in 4 days
- Thyroxine 100mg daily in pregnancy