Pregnant, coughing a lot, prescribed Deletus, Benadryl. Is this safe ? - Online Doctor Chats
Are you with me?
Please type your query here
I have to close the window as you are not responding
I am Dr. XXXXXXX
Good Evening. I have a quick question to be clarified.
This is for my wife who is on her 26th week pregnancy
How can I help you?
over the last couple of week, she has been coughing continuously...
but its all of no use...she is still coughing and I'm very much worried, as I dont want to take any over-the-counter medication...
Is she having fever?
Is the cough happening with phlegm?
no. just dry coughs...
Is she on any other medications?
yes - she is currently on Iron, Calcium and multi-vitamin supplements
I do not think that she would require any antibiotics.
She may require to change the medication for cough.
Along with it, make sure that the room she sleeps in is well ventilated.
Also avoid any dust or smoke inside the room.
I think that should solve the problem.
For change in medication, please do revisit your Obstetrician again.
do you prescribe any medicine which can control these dry coughs?
Surely I could have prescribed them, if I had examined her personally.
because it is unethical to prescribe without examining.
because, when we chcked with her OB the 2nd time, she mentioned if Benadryl doesnt work, take a consultationw with a physician for the medication.
In that case, you should be visiting a physician.
ok, sure thing.
Thanks for the suggestions.
You are welcome
Do you have any other queries?
nothing. I appreciate your assistance.
Thank you for consulting me.
Have a good evening. Bye.
have a Nice Evening!!
Bye for now.
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Does benadryl help with asthma and coughing
- Candibiotic for 7 months baby
- Is it normal to have low bp during pregnancy
- What to do when baby cant shit
- Can cantaloupe cause baby constipation
- Does benadryl cough syrup induce sleep or drowsiness
- Baby knee cap pops out
- Is hbs positive a matter of concern in pregnancy
- Campfire smoke and babies
- Does a missed period after unprotected sex indicate pregnancy
- How can i find out my pregnancy term
- Will thickening of endometrium in pregnancy affect the baby
- Is benadryl used in the treatment of cough?
- Baby benadryl help wheezy cough
- 50 mg benadryl when pregnant