Pregnant. What medicine and precaution to take along when travelling to other country? - Online Doctor Chats
I am 7 weeks pregnant and travelling to Europe for about 10 days starting early morning on 19th
What is your age?
Is this your first pregnancy?
I wanted to know if it is safe to take certain medication in case a need arises during the trip
This is my second pregnancy. My daughter is 4 years old. I am 33
In particular I wanted to know which medicine can be taken for headache if it becomes unbearable.
First 12 weeks carries relatively a higher risk in terms of travel, medication and physical stress
So in terms of medication, most over the counters are safe during the pregnancy.
I got a go ahead from my OBG for travel after an early pregnancy scan which showed a normal heartbeat etc.
Major reason for headache is dehydration
so ensure you hydrate well
Ensure you do not get physcially stressed out
Take breaks and do not continue any work or food that is uncomfortable and not properly cooked
Take bottled water only
Eat cooked food only, do not try anything new
it may upset your stomach in the new place
I think these precautions you are set to go
ok . Thanks a lot.
Do you have any more queries
Thank you for visiting me here
I have not had an episode since 1 year but in case it comes back
should I visit an ER or is it alright to take the precribed dose of stugeron?
Visit the ER
Ok Doctor. Thanks for all your advise.
I dont have any further questions
Have a nice trip, Bye
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- What is the dosage of medicine for getting pregnant
- Torchnil medicine when pregnant
- Side effects of alcohol
- Supplements for good skin
- Husband taking medicine pregnant
- Oral glucose intolerance test
- Red light collagen treatment
- Having pcos what medicines should i take to get pregnant
- Three months pregnant with no positive test
- Chronic fungal candida infection
- Three months pregnant and negative test results
- Spotting in ninth month of pregnancy
- What side effects other medicines can have when pregnant
- Nineth month of pregnancy vomiting
- Nausea and tired 6 months pregnant